Learn how to make these polymer clay herb & vegetable garden markers. These plant stakes are great seasonal party favors for weddings, spring, and summertime events. Encourage your party guests to start a vegetable garden of there own.
Here is what you will need:
- To start making your herb & vegetable garden markers, flatten your Sculpey clay with a rolling pin.
- Press the wooden craft sticks into the clay to make an easy to follow cutting guide.
- Use a plastic knife to cut around the wooden sticks.
- Gently press the clay to smooth and form the stake portion of your garden marker.
- Roll out some additional clay and cut out the top decorative portion of the garden marker with clay cutters.
- Attach the top decorative clay portion onto the clay stick portion.
- Using the plastic knife, create a pointed end.
- To add embellishments, press the clay with a decorative rubber stamp.
- To dry the clay, place the markers on a baking pan and cook at 275 degrees for approximately 15 minutes. Adjustments may be need depending on your oven.
- After your markers have cooled, paint them with your desired acrylic paint colors.
- When the paint dries, label the markers with a Sharpie pen.
- To give my markers a shiny finish, I brushed on some Mod Podge.
These garden markers will be a great party favor for any spring or summer event. For more seasonal party favor ideas see my Seasonal Blog page.
For a step-by-step tutorial, click on the video link below.
Also, click on the comment section near the bottom of the screen. I would love to hear about how your party favors turned out.
God bless you and your upcoming event.